Eurodad staff are formally accountable to the network members through two main routes: the General Assembly and the Board. These bodies are described here.
Eurodad has a General Assembly of its members at least once per year. This is the time when all member organisations can help determine the strategic direction and management of Eurodad. At General Assemblies the main tasks of Eurodad member group representatives are to:
• elect board members;
• elect new Eurodad member groups;
• approve financial reports and budgets;
• debate and approve strategic plans.
The Board of Directors of Eurodad
Eurodad’s work is overseen by the Board. The Board consists of up to eleven people, drawn from member organisations and elected for three-year terms by members at the General Assembly. The board provides guidance to the staff on the substance, priorities and modalities of the network’s programme, as well as on financial management and reporting issues. The board normally meets four times per year.
The current members of the Board are as follows: (organisation, country, representative)
- Oxfam International, Emma Seery (Chair)
- Alliance Sud, Switzerland, Mark Herkenrath
- Both Ends, Netherlands, Wiert Wiertsema
- CNCD, Belgium, Antonio Gambini (Treasurer)
- Norwegian Church Aid, Norway, Kjetil Abildsnes
- ChristianAid, United Kingdom, Jenny Brown (Staff Liaison)
- ActionAid International, United Kingdom, Lucia Fry
Link to the General Assembly minutes summaries.
Link to the most recent Eurodad’s Annual reports